Friday, October 1, 2010

Cupcakes, first 'Kids Meal' and a few other things...

I had been wanting to take Kaylee to a local bakery for a few weeks now to get her a cupcake that we could share. Last Thursday Daniel came home on his lunch break so that we could all go to a bakery just up the street from our apartment. I picked out a red velvet cupcake with vanilla butter cream icing for Kaylee and I to share. Can you tell what she thought of it?

It was so good but the icing was very sweet! Kaylee seemed to like it but didn't want to eat too much. I think after a few bites she was more interested in running around the bakery. Oh well... at least she made a mess with those few bites :)
Saturday we went to Winston Salem to get some new tires for Daniel's bike. While we were there we stopped by to see our old neighbors and then went to our favorite restaurant, Firebirds. We usually just let Kaylee eat some of whatever we are having but this time we decided to order her something as well. They had a lot of things on the kids menu... even ribs and steak! We decided on mixed sauteed veggies...

She absolutely loved them! There were onions, squash, zucchini and red peppers. She will eat anything and everything so she also had some food off of our plates like mashed potatoes, fish and bread. I had chicken quesadillas that had chunks of tomato and onion in them. Since I'm not a big fan of either, I would pick them out and give them to Kaylee :)

She has been so active lately that I haven't had much time to post here. She wants my attention constantly when she is awake and if I sit down at the computer she will immediately start fussing! Even though she has been fussy, she is so much fun. Her new 'thing' is to walk around pointing at things saying "what's that." It is the cutest thing ever! She loves for Daniel and I to pick her up and let grab things that she points at, that she normally can't reach. We have these small frog magnets on our refrigerator that she always points to when I pick her up.

We have had to put cabinet locks on the pantry and on the cabinets under the sink, but I left them off the other cabinets because she likes to open the doors and look inside. This is how I found her the other day...
She also loves to be chased around the house, especially by her Daddy! He will jump out around corners to scare her and she will start running the other way and laughs so hard that she just falls down and squeals when he catches her. I have noticed she will walk towards me sometimes during the day and look at me with this big grin and turn around and run, trying to get me to chase her.

One other thing she does that cracks me up is when she stands on her head. She will look back between her legs and start laughing at anyone who will pay attention to her! I really need to get on a routine of posting at night after she goes to bed. She changes so much from day to day and I want to remember these silly little things she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment