Wednesday, September 9, 2009

To my Kaylee Bug...

Little Kaylee Bug,

I can't believe it has been a month since you were born. Time is going by so fast! You are changing everyday and even though I love seeing how much your changing I know it won't be long until I wish you were a week old again. You have went from sleeping all the time, only waking up to eat, to being much more alert. As much as I like for you to sleep so that I can get some sleep as well, this past week I've loved it when you were wide awake and interested in everything that was going on around you. You are starting to follow things better with your eyes and will even look at your toys now when they make noises. You love your swing your grandma & grandpa got you but you still haven't figured out that there are toys hanging down above your head on it!

You have done such a good job sleeping at night which helps mommy & daddy out a lot! This past week I've started to notice a pattern... when you wake up in the morning you are wide awake and usually will stay up for a few hours. After I feed you and get you dressed I lay in the floor with you and play with you on your playmat until you get fussy. Then you will normally sit in your swing and look around until you fall asleep. During the day you usually sleep several hours before waking up to eat and then going back to sleep again. Somewhere usually between 5-7pm you will wake up and be wide awake again. Daddy & I try to keep you awake until we are ready for bed but that doesn't always happen. We try to take you for a walk in your stroller but that always puts you to sleep. Daddy always tries to wake you up by swerving the stroller across the street or lifting it up on 2 wheels but I think that just relaxes you even more.

Daddy is always the one who gives you a bath in your little tub. So far you really don't like it that much... especially when it's time to wash your hair. At night you will sleep anywhere from 5-7 hours straight before waking up to eat. Just the other night you stayed up late and when my alarm went off at 5:15am and I realized I hadn't woke up to feed you all night I jumped up to check on you to make sure you were ok. You have had a terrible time with spitting up milk here lately. The doctor put you on some medicine to help with the acid reflux but it's not working that great. I feel so bad when I see you uncomfortable and I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. You seem to feel better when you lay on your side so this past weekend I put you in the bed with us when you woke up and rolled you over on your side and held onto you until you went back to sleep. You love laying in our bed for some reason. I'm not sure if it's because the bed is softer or because you like having a pillow to lay on but anytime your fussy, as soon as I put you in our bed you seem to calm down.

Today was the first time I took you out of the house by myself. We went to the mall and picked up the pictures we had made of you and then drove to Concord to meet daddy for lunch. I was so scared that you were going to spit up milk while we were going down the road but you did great. You slept the whole way to Concord, while we were at the restaurant and the whole way back home. Your such a good baby and even though it was rough on me having you and the week or so afterwards, it was all worth it. Your daddy and I love you so much and look forward to watching you grow everyday.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment