Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lets talk about me for once!

So I know this blog was made for me to be able to look at years from now see how much Kaylee has changed but for once... this is a post about ME! I am always writing about little K-bugs because...well... that's pretty much all that is going on in my life anyways. I have been thinking a lot here lately about going back to school. I pretty much already have 2 years worth of credits... or something close to it. Ever since I quit going to school it has bothered me knowing that I didn't finish what I had started. I plan on staying home with Kaylee until she starts school so by then it will have been 5 years since I had a job. I have been stressing out wondering if I will be able to find a job like I had before(Accounts Payable & Receivable) or something even better.

Sunday night when I was talking to Christen she mentioned doing night classes... why hadn't I thought about that?!?! So the plan is to go to Davidson County Community College and finish up all of my general requirements and take as many classes there as I can and then transfer to UNC Charlotte and get my bachelors degree in Accounting! I am hoping to either graduate before she starts school or only have a semester's worth of classes left. I know right now my job is to stay at home with Kaylee and raise her the best that I can but at times I kinda feel useless not having a job and helping pay the bills... I want a job that will challenge me... a job that not just anyone can get without a degree. In the past when I was in college I had thought about taking the CPA exam once I graduate. I think after I graduate I will decide if that is what I want to do. I know there's a lot to remember as far as different tax laws go when you become a CPA and sometimes I wonder if I would really be able to remember everything. But that is at least 5 years down the road so for now I will just focus on getting my degree, knowing that no matter what kind of job I end up with, having obtained my degree instead of sitting on the couch eating and playing with a baby is definitely going to make it easier for me to find a job!

But this post can't be all about me... little Kaylee is laying beside me here on the couch asleep and she just looks adorable...don't you think so?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I am wanting to go back to school too. Hopefully we can get financial aid. If not, no school for me!

    ReplyDelete