Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Someone is 2 months old!

K Bugs,

I can't believe you are 2 months old! You are still changing all the time and it's so much fun to see you become more aware of what's going on around you. I think your favorite thing to do is to lay on your changing table and talk to your flower. Anytime I lay you down up there you instantly start trying to talk to it and it's just so cute! Today we sat on the couch together while we were waiting for 30 minutes to pass before you could eat and we talked to each other the whole time! You kept smiling at me and when I would talk to you, you would watch my mouth and start moving yours like you were trying to repeat me.

You really do make things easy on your daddy and I. Now you are drinking 6oz each time you have a bottle but you still drink the same number of ounces each day so that means mommy doesn't have to wash bottles as much! Plus you are now sleeping 8-9 hours at night! Just a month ago we were having to make sure you stayed awake for a while before bedtime but now we just let you sleep whenever you want and you still always sleep through the night even if you take a nap right before bedtime. We really couldn't ask for a better baby! If it wasn't for being so paranoid about you getting choked everything would be perfect! You have to have your 2 month shots this Friday and I am NOT looking forward to it! I really hope you don't have any reactions to the medicine... You love taking naps on the couch downstairs during the day. I lay you on daddy's pillow on your side and you just look so comfortable.

This past weekend you had your first plane ride back home to TN. I was afraid you would get fussy either on the way to Raleigh, while we were at the airport or while we were on the plane, but you actually did great! You slept the whole way to the airport and didn't wake up until a hour before our plane took off (it was delayed almost 2 hours). The flight was full so I wasn't able to leave you in your carseat. I held you while you just laid there and smiled at me until you fell asleep for most of the flight.

While we were at home you got to see all of your grandparents, your great grandmother, aunts and uncles, cousins and great aunt and uncles. You were pretty much a happy baby the whole time we were home. I started getting sick on Saturday and by Monday morning when we were going to fly back home I was even worse. Instead of flying home, your grandma drove us back to NC to meet daddy to take us the rest of the way home. You were very happy to see him and didn't want him to put you down for the rest of the night.

Even though I am writing these letters to you, I like going back and reading what I wrote the month before because it amazes me how fast you are growing! Your so adorable and especially now that you are smiling all the time I love to just sit there and stare at you! I love you so much K Bugs!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment