Monday, February 15, 2010

6 Months!

I can't believe my little bug is 6 months old! As fast as the past 6 months have went by, I know that before I know it we will be throwing your first birthday party! I'm a couple of days behind on getting this posted because we have been so busy these past few days. Our biggest accomplishment over the past month has been getting you back on a sleeping routine. You have went from taking 30 minute naps with us holding you to taking 1-3 hour naps on your own in your playyard! Here's what else you have been up to the past month:
  • You are in size 3 diapers... we are still using the Pampers Cruisers Premium but have started using the Target brand diapers during the day while we are at home (they are 1/2 the price and work just as good... but they have blue & green polka dots on them that show through your clothes... so they aren't great to wear when we go out somewhere)

  • You take 32oz of formula everyday (one 8oz bottle and four 6oz bottles... we are trying to get that to just four 8oz bottles)

  • You are in 9 month clothes now... there are some 6 month sleep n plays that still fit but are getting tight (I will be putting those up this weekend)

  • Like I wrote in my last post, you are learning to roll over. You have pretty much figured out how to roll from your back to your stomach, but still can't quite figure out how to go from your stomach to your back.

  • You can sit up on your own for a few seconds and then you will fall over. You think it's funny when you fall backwards while laying on our bed!

  • You have been getting better and better at standing up. I sometimes think you will stand on your own (while holding onto something) before you figure out how to crawl! I can stand you up on our bed sometimes and you will hold onto my shirt and stand there without me holding onto you!

  • We found out this past month that you are allergic to apples. That was the only problem you had with the stage 1 foods. We started you on stage 2 foods right at 6 months so over the next few weeks you will be trying some new foods and hopefully apples will be the only thing you are allergic to.

  • You still love to constantly try to suck on your toes!

  • The biggest change I have seen in you over this past month is your personality. You have become so talkative and are such a silly little girl! Just like last month, you love your jumper and you are constantly bouncing a talking/screaming. Just over the past few days you have also started trying to blow bubbles, but you end up just drooling everywhere! You seem to be smiling and laughing more and more everyday and that's something I can never get enough of!

You are still growing as fast as ever. Here are your measurements from your 6 month checkup:

Weight: 20 lbs 8 oz

Height: 26 1/2 in.

(I think you are actually a little longer than this because when the measurement was taken, you didn't want to lay flat on the measurement chart)

Head Measurement: 47 cm

(Your head was still measuring off the chart and actually spiked a little from your last checkup. The doctor decided that if the measurement doesn't start to level off at your 9 month appointment, you will need to have a CT scan done to make sure nothing is wrong)

You are the sweetest little girl and your smile is something I can always count on to cheer me up! I love you so much baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment