Saturday, August 1, 2009

5...

So...as of tomorrow I only have 5 more days until my due date. For some reason this really doesn't matter... I mean, what are the odds of her actually coming exactly on her due date? So pretty much I have either less than 5 or more than 5 but not exactly 5 days... if that makes sense... At my 39 week checkup Friday I was dilated to 1cm... I was hoping for somewhere between 2-4... heck, if they would've told me I was at 10 and ready to push I wouldn't have been upset! But at least I've made some kind of progress... as stupid as it sounds, it's a little reassuring to know that at least my cervix got the memo about the fact that it has to open up for the baby to come out... so it's working on it...slowly...

I have been having a lot more contractions since Friday and even as humid as it was outside today, I managed to wobble my way down the street this afternoon to take the dogs for a walk. As expected, this has caused my contractions to get even stronger but hopefully nothing happens until Monday. I'd like to hope this is my last weekend being pregnant, so tomorrow I'm going to take it easy and relax and try to enjoy what might be my last weekend of peace and quiet. We've pretty much got everything done around the house, even the cleaning is done for the most part! So now, back to waiting... which is no fun because I'm not patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment