Thursday, August 6, 2009

This is not cool...

So it looks like I was right... Kaylee isn't cooperating and probably won't be here by her due date(tomorrow). This has probably been the most frustrating week of my life. Adding to the stress of waking up every morning disappointed because I'm still pregnant and having no contractions at all is the fact that our health insurance will be switching over next Wednesday. This is a problem because we have already met our deductible with our current insurance company (thanks to a 3 hour long torture in L&D back in June) and the new insurance isn't as good as what we have right now. Because of all of this, if little Kaylee hasn't started making her way out by tomorrow when I have my 40 week checkup I am going to have to ask to be induced on Monday which is the LAST thing I want to do. I just want things to 'happen' and her to come out without me having to go to the hospital and be stuck to a bed for hours in pain. Another problem with not having her before Monday is that means another Sunday of Daniel going out of town and me hoping nothing happens while he is gone.

Even if Kaylee decides to come out before Monday there is still the problem of the OB that is on call all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and 1/2 of Monday... This guy is...well... I don't even know the word for it. Let's just say I don't have any confidence in his ability to be a doctor... let me explain... first of all I'll start out with the physical issues(I have nothing against his physical issues personally but along with the stupid things he has said to me I chose to make fun of them...) The first time I saw him I was sitting in the waiting room at the doctors office and saw a guy with what seemed like something to be wrong with his hand waddling around from room to room dragging his right leg behind him... the thing is, every now and then he gets it together and walks normally so I don't know if he is just lazy or what. But back to my story... the first time I had an appointment with him was around 30 weeks... he walks in, pushes on my stomach really hard to the point where it actually hurt, marks how far along my stomach should be measuring on his measuring tape and then continues to push it down into my stomach until it measures what he wants it to(we're talking about a huge indention in my stomach from the measuring tape here...) and then asks me the following questions: 1. Has your water broke? umm... no, but if it did wouldn't I have went to the hospital? 2. Are you having heavy bleeding? see previous answer... 3. Are you having regular painful contractions? and again... see previous answer...

At this point I'm looking at him thinking who is this guy and where is the real doctor? He squeezes my ankles which are swollen to about 3 times the size that they normally are and leaves fingerprints and says "your ankles look good"... really? I had been in to have a growth ultrasound done 2 weeks before this appointment at which I was told the doctor would go over the results the next time I came in. Dr. Genious, however, had not looked at my chart and had no clue that a ultrasound had been done. I asked him about this and told him my concerns about her head measuring 3 weeks further than what my due date was showing. The best medical explanation he could come up with (still without opening my chart to look at the ultrasound results) was that my husband must have a big head and that's why her head was so big... ok... fantastic! Then I ask about my bloodpressure which the nurse had commented on being too low. He tells me it is low and that if it could cause me to pass out. When I ask him if there is anything I can do about this he tells me to call the office if I pass out... yea... I'll do that...

After that appointment I had hoped that I wouldn't have to see him again but of course, he is the doctor on call on and around my due date and at my 38 week appointment it was him and my favorite doctor in the practice that were alternating between patients. Of course, the door opens and here comes 'Mr. Good Hand' (think Hanson from Scary Movie 2)... I tell him about my concern of leaking what I thought was amniotic fluid thinking, he should jump all over this because he was all about finding out if my water had broke at my 30 week appointment. Apparently he just didn't care that day because instead of ordering a simple test to find out within minutes if I was leaking amniotic fluid he told me I was just peeing on myself... which just made my day. *NOTE: I WAS NOT peeing on myself, lol...

I have been pregnant for 10 months... thats 40 weeks, 280 days, 6720 hours, 403,200 minutes or 24,192,000 seconds... isn't that long enough?!?! So Kaylee really only has 2 more days to come out on her own... sometime between now and Saturday. I'll be glad when this is all over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment