Saturday, August 7, 2010

This time last year...

...Was my due date! I was very disappointed when I realized I was going past my due date but excited at the same time because I went in for my weekly Friday checkup and was scheduled to be induced the following Tuesday, August 11th.


I spent 9 months wishing time would hurry up and fly by because I was so excited to meet Kaylee... and honestly... tired of being pregnant! Now, looking back, I miss the days of being pregnant and the excitement of waiting to meet Kaylee. Now I no longer wish the days away but wish for time to go by more slowly to enjoy watching Kaylee grow.

Everyday it seems like she is doing new things and growing up a little more. This morning she had chocolate milk for the first time and the big smile that came across her face after she took her first sip was priceless! Then later this afternoon she was playing in her room and decided to crawl over to one of her toys. As soon as she got to it she grabbed the toy and stood straight up, using nothing to pull up on! This is the first time I've ever seen her do this and just a reminder that she is going to be walking around everywhere before I know it!

So I'm hoping these next 5 days go by as slow as possible. I want to enjoy the last few days of having a 'baby!'


No comments:

Post a Comment