Saturday, November 14, 2009

3 Months


Little Monster,

Another month has went by and you are still growing just as fast as ever! In fact, I think you have been going through a growth spurt these past few days. You have been extra fussy and have actually went a few days without taking a nap during the day. You have also been eating a lot more. We had to increase your bottles to 8 oz because you were still hungry after finishing off the 6 oz's that we were giving you. You had been eating 24-30 oz's per day and after switching to 8 oz's you will eat 32 oz's per day. I'm hoping we can go back to the 6 oz bottles once you finish up this growth spurt because if not we are going to go broke trying to pay for your formula and the thickening gel!

Before your growth spurt you had been doing even better sleeping at night. You would sleep anywhere from 10 to almost 12 hours straight at night. Hopefully you will go back to doing that soon. Today you seemed more like yourself... you and I went to Concord to see your Uncle Quinten play basketball and to see your Grandma and Grandpa. It was the first time in several days that you weren't fussy all day. Daddy had to leave a day earlier than normal to go to Arizona so it was nice to get out of the house to make the day go by faster. Tonight you were so tired and fell asleep in my arms while I was talking to you and it was only 7:45 pm (you usually go to sleep at 9:00).

You are continuing to get better at holding your head up and just the other day you started to slowly play with your toys on your playmat. I also noticed that you have outgrown your 3 month clothes already so Daddy and I took you to the mall last night to buy some bigger clothes for you. It's crazy but you are actually getting better at saying "momma!" There are times when you are crying that you even say it and won't stop crying until whoever is holding you hands you to me. I love knowing that you want me to hold you to make you feel better but I worry that when your Daddy and I have someone else babysit you, you will be fussy because I am leaving. Even though you like me to hold you, you also love seeing your Daddy when he comes home from work! Last week you were pretty much fussy all day but when Daddy got home you would instantly cheer up and smile.

You have had a rough month with us trying to figure out the reflux problem. We finally got the dosage right on your meds but then you started getting headaches. First it was only once a week, then a couple each week, then one a day and then it got to where you were having several per day. Unfortunately that is one of the side effects of the medicine you are taking. After you had went a week without spitting up we decided to slowly start cutting back on your meds to help with the headaches. Right now we are at 20mg/day and it seems to slowly be helping with your headaches. The bad part is you are spitting up and getting choked again, but at least when you spit up you don't cry so I think the meds are still keeping the acid down. Last night you got choked 4 times in a row while I was trying to change your diaper and get you dressed. It's a terrible choice to have to make... either I cut back on your meds to keep you from being miserable with headaches and have you get choked and spit up more often or go back to the 30mg/day and deal with the constant headaches but not have to worry about you getting choked as much. It just kills me to see how scared you are when you get choked but even though I know you can't understand me I always remind you that I'm always going to be there when you get choked and need help.

It's hard sometimes to keep from wishing you would hurry up and hopefully grow out of this reflux problem but that is one thing I promised myself I would never do. I already miss you being just a week old but as you get older you just keep doing more things that make me smile everyday. Even if I'm tired in the mornings when you wake up it makes it all worth it when I pick you up and lay you on the bed to change your diaper and you always give me the biggest smile! I realized just the other day that I don't think there has been a day that has went by since you were born that I haven't smiled and I'm sure that will be the case for a long time. I love you so much Kaylee Bug and I look forward to enjoying the months to come no matter what happens with your reflux problem. I know one day everything will be fine and we won't have to deal with the medicine or getting choked anymore!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment