Sunday, November 29, 2009

Catching Up After Thanksgiving

Whew...what a week! We had Thanksgiving at our house this year and everyone from my side of the family was able to come up. Tuesday night Kaylee's great uncle Bubba came up to stay with us. Wednesday we got up and went to lunch at Cracker Barrel before going to Target to do some shopping. The rest of the day we pretty much hung out around the house and finished cleaning up before everyone got here.

Thanksgiving morning Kaylee was so excited to see everyone that she woke up at 3:30 am! Daniel laid down on the couch with her until around 7:00 when I got up to take care of her while he went back to sleep. After feeding her and giving her her meds I started cooking chocolate pies for our Thanksgiving dinner. Kaylee's grandpa and uncle Quinten got to the house around 8:00 am and played with her while I finished up cooking. My mom and grandma arrived around noon and started cooking. Christen came over around 1:00 pm and we finally ate lunch around 2:00. Kaylee had her own little Thanksgiving dinner... she had her first solid food! We fed her some pears and she loved them! I was surprised that she actually opened her mouth for the spoon and didn't spit the food out everywhere.

After we recovered from our food coma Daniel, Christen and I went to go pick out a Christmas tree. When we got back home we decorated the tree and finished putting out our Christmas decorations before going to bed. The next morning I was up at 4 am to go shopping with my mom while Daniel stayed home with Kaylee. Mom bought Kaylee her Christmas dress from Macys and I can't wait for her to be able to wear it!

We also went to Target where mom bought Kaylee's early Christmas present... a activity jumper. Even thought it's not Christmas yet she went ahead and gave it to Kaylee so that she could play in it. So far she loves it!

Her feet barely reach the ground so we had to put a blanket under her so that she could push off of it

While at Target I also bought Kaylee more clothes and a few new toys for her to play with. She has really been a handful for the past few days because she started teething. She is always wanting to chew on something and there are times when even the Orajel doesn't help. When that happens we usually have to sit down with a glass of really cold water and keep dipping her pacifier in it. It has been so nice having my family here and being able to get a break from Kaylee. Friday and Saturday night Daniel and I were able to go out to eat supper by ourselves and could actually eat at the same time instead of taking turns holding Kaylee while the other one would eat! Of course, Kaylee was spoiled by her great grandma who rocked her to sleep several times!This morning mom and grandma went back home and it was back to just the 3 of us! Kaylee and Daniel took a nap on the couch after lunch for several hours while I got caught up on a few things that I haven't had a chance to get around to. Kaylee has been in a pretty good mood tonight but still has her moments when her teeth are hurting her. I took these pictures earlier tonight when she just kept smiling and laughing. I just love her little stockings!

Her shirt was soaked in drool!

There's my happy baby!

So that was our Thanksgiving week/weekend... I have so much to be thankful for this year... a beautiful little baby girl, our family, friends, my blogging friends and so much more!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Kaylee is so cute! That is exactly what Cameron's outfits would look like if he didn't wear bibs - he is a drool machine! I find bibs are easier to wash than entire outfits so we go through lots of bibs here! :)