Monday, March 1, 2010

Kaylee's 6 Month Pictures

These posts I am doing are completely out of order... I still haven't got around to finishing up Kaylee's Valentines Day post. I've still got a few posts that I have started that need to be finished and it's almost like a chore list. I keep putting off the ones that are going to take longer.

*Note to self- Never get behind on posts again!*

But back to the topic of this post... 6 month pictures! Well, technically 6 months, 1 week and 2 days... but who's counting right? Last Monday Daniel & I took Kaylee to have her picture made. I had been debating whether or not we should do this since money is tight right now but I'm so glad we did it! I found a great photographer in Clemmons, NC and scheduled a photo session. We went early in the morning, 9 am, because at the time when I scheduled the session Kaylee was taking her first nap around 11:30 in the morning and she was usually pretty happy until then. Of course, those plans were ruined because as soon as I scheduled the session Kaylee changed her routine and started taking a nap around 9 each morning...Great!

We got up early and got her dressed and headed out. As usual, we were running late and while Daniel was putting her in the car I was running around the house trying to grab all of her outfits, packing her diaper bag and trying to decide if I wanted to bring any extra things with us to be included (I know...this probably should've been done the night before but I usually forget and then deal with it 30 seconds before it is time to leave!)

Kaylee actually fell asleep on our way to the studio but was in a good mood once we got there. The photographer, Nicole, was great with Kaylee and got a lot of good shots. The session lasted about 2 hours but it was nice because we weren't rushed. At one point when Kaylee started to get fussy because she was tired, we decided to give her a bottle and let her take a VERY short power nap. Even though this is the one thing that drove me crazy only a few weeks ago (with her taking short naps and waking up wide awake and happy...only to last for about a hour), this worked out great in this situation and we were able to finish up with the session.

Other than Kaylee getting sleepy we only had one other meltdown. She was sitting up for a few of the pictures with Daniel sitting beside her and leaned back a little too far and fell backwards and hit her head before Daniel could catch her. Luckily this meltdown didn't last too long... she cheered back up and was back to her happy self in just a few minutes!

Here are some pictures from the session. Thanks to Nicole for letting me post these on here! If anyone comes across this page and is in the Winston Salem, NC area you should definitely check her out! Her website is http://www.nicolenelsonphoto.com/

This is probably my favorite picture of her!

Happy Baby!

Look at those rolls!
This is probably my 2nd favorite one! I love her outfit and the fact that she is standing up!
This picture looks so sweet! My precious baby!
I wish we had went with a professional photographer for her newborn pictures, but I look forward to having her 1 year pictures made by Nicole and hope to get some shots of the 3 of us!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mandy! Wow, thank you for saying such nice things about me! I know that her birthday is still a few months away but I have to tell you that I cannot wait to photograph her again! She's so wonderful to take pictures of, I don't think there was a bad one in the bunch! She made my job easy.
    Anyway, thank you again for the nice words! -Nicole

    ReplyDelete