Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A whole lot of nothing...

I'm running out of things to talk about... I'm ready for Kaylee to be here so I can have cute pictures to post! This weekend Daniel and I worked on Kaylee's bathroom. I'm still not sure if I like the color(we did mint green on the top 3/4 of the wall and brown on the bottom 1/4). I'm hoping by the end of the week we will have the bathroom finished. I'm waiting on some things in the mail that I ordered on Etsy.com to go on the walls. I have been so miserable today with my arms and hands hurting/going numb that I had to try to get up and do something so I've managed to actually get some laundry done... now I've just got the rest of the house to clean :( It would be nice if I knew exactly what day little Kaylee would be here, that way I just wouldn't bother cleaning until a day or two before!

In other news... tomorrow will be exactly 1 month from my due date and Friday will be exactly 1 week until I'm considered 'full term'... honestly, it's all I can do to keep from breaking down right now and just saying 'I quit.' I have decided to give myself until August 1st... if I can manage to survive until then and am still pregnant, word of advice... you probably won't want to call me on that day! I think the only thing that gets me through the day is knowing that I've made it almost 36 weeks and each day I'm 1 day closer! Also knowing that after this, I will never be pregnant again helps a lot! I wish I was one of those people who enjoy being pregnant... that, however, is not the case! One of my biggest issues with being pregnant is the swelling... seriously...it's gross...
Sadly, my ankles and feet look much worse than the picture above... it pretty much looks like my calf, ankle and foot are all one body part... usually by mid-day I can't really bend my foot because the swelling is so bad. I haven't worn shoes in months... the only thing that fits are my Puma flip flops and even with those I have to put them on in the morning before my feet get too swollen. And to make things worse... there have been times that I have rested the heel of one foot on top of the other and after a couple of minutes it makes a huge indention in the swelling... we're talking the size of the Grand Canyon here... I'm starting to think my feet are filling up with Play Dough...and it's not cute!

And since there is nothing else to talk about... I figured I'd kill some time with this pregnancy survey!

How far along? 35.5 weeks... I remember back at 19 weeks I thought I'd never make it this far!

Total weight gain/loss: 30 pounds... yikes!!! I didn't start gaining much until around 28 weeks which is also when my swelling really started to get worse... so I'm going to blame a lot of it on water weight...and baby weight... gotta blame it on something right?

Maternity clothes? I have like 2 guys t-shirts that will sorta still fit... oh, and my one pair of AE jeans that still fit (although I have to use a hairtie around the button and they are starting to hurt my stomach when I sit down)... other than that, it's all maternity clothes... I like my maternity shirts but the pants I could live without... they always want to slide down!

Stretch marks? Of course! I have them on the sides of my stomach and the lower part of the front of my stomach... the ones on the front of my stomach are scary!

Sleep: Is becoming more of a chore everyday! It usually takes about 30 minutes to get comfortable and find a place to put my arms and hands so that they won't go numb and then I have only about 2 hours before I wake up running to the bathroom... I am actually starting to dread bedtime!

Best moment this week: Well it's only Tuesday and not much has happened this week... I think the best moment was getting a foot & hand massage from Daniel last night!

Movement: Apparently she is running out of room because there's not as much kicking... it's more of her just pushing and wiggling around in there.

Food cravings: The past few days I've been craving pizza and cheesecake with strawberries...yum!

Labor signs: I've had more and more contractions here lately...some are actually pretty painful... I better be making some kind of progress!

Belly button in or out? Still in...but barely!

What I miss: Being able to lay on my stomach, feel my arms and hands, having energy, being able to wear shoes and not running out of breath when I eat!

What I'm looking forward to: Holding little Kaylee for the first time, dressing her up in her cute little clothes and seeing if she ends up being a momma's girl or a daddy's girl.

Weekly wisdom: I've learned that if there's something I need to remember that's important I better write it down... the pregnancy brain is only getting worse!

Milestones: As of tomorrow only 1 month to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment